Tuesday 4 November 2014

A QUOTE FROM JOHN LENNON: Happiness is the Key to Life



“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life”....................JOHN LENNON
John Ono Lennon, MBE, born John Winston Lennon; (9 October 1940 – 8 December 1980), Born and raised in Liverpool, was an English musician, singer and songwriter who rose to worldwide fame as a founder member of the rock band “the Beatles”, the most commercially successful band in the history of popular music. With Paul McCartney, he formed a songwriting partnership that is one of the most celebrated of the 20th century.
      Around 10:50 pm on 8 December 1980, as Lennon returned to his New York apartment in the Dakota, Mark David Chapman shot Lennon in the back four times at the entrance to the building. Lennon was taken to the emergency room of nearby Roosevelt Hospital and was pronounced dead on arrival at 11:07 pm.

     There was no funeral for John Lennon. His body was cremated at Ferncliff Cemetery in Hartsdale, New York. His ashes was scattered in New York's Central Park, where the Strawberry Fields memorial was later created. Chapman pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and was sentenced to 20 years to life. As of 2014, he remains in prison, having been denied parole eight times.

No comments:

Post a Comment